Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fly For Fun! A WoW replacement?

I've been searching for a way to play an on-line role playing game (MMORPG) without the $15/mo bill. Until this weekend I couldn't find anything better than World of Warcraft (WOW), which has the $15/mo bill. (And if I want to play with my 9-year old it comes out to $30.)

Then I fond Fly For Fun. (flyff) Check it out! http://flyff.gpotato.com In less than 12 hours, at level 20 you can engage in 3-D aerial combat! The game is FREE. The client is free. The playtime is free. It is a bit of a grindfest, until you meet some folks who will group with you. There is world-wide dueling. There is a PK server if you go in for that. The only time you pay is if you want the extra "edge". For example you can buy potions that give you unlimited mana or health for 20 minutes, or a flying mount that goes faster than the in-game versions. It's a better deal than the other MMORPGs because you only pay for what you want, and that probably depends on how into the game you are.

Also, this is the first free MMORPG I've seen that lets you jump, and has good 3-D effects.

Enjoy!

No comments: